The doctor's appt has now been pushed back to November 27th. I guess the other office she scheduled with found out she has no insurance and sent her to a "lower income" facility. That's almost 2 wks past the previous appt. It's all so frustrating. She hasn't once seen a doctor and now we have to have 5 more wks??? AGGGHHHH!!!
Another HUGE issue is that she doesn't and can't get insurance. Her parents are claiming her on their taxes but aren't providing insurance for her. So--if we go thru with this we would be financially obligated to pay any and all doctor/hospital bills. Obviously we aren't going to set ourselves up for a financial disaster--I mean what if, heaven forbid, something happens during the delivery? We could be liable for thousands of dollars. We just can't do that...it's just so frustrating!!! I feel this heavy burden on my shoulders. All we want is a healthy baby and now this might slip thru our fingers because she doesn't have insurance. I asked the agency what typically happens in this situation and she says that it doesn't happen often. Either the girl has insurance or she is able to get Medicad.
I just want some answers--I really want to talk to her parents but without Amanda's permission I'm not able to. How can they let their daughter be pregnant with no insurance and not have taken her to the doctor??? I don't get it.
Pray for me today-I need it. I feel like we are so close and it's going to slip thru our fingers.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Why can't anything be easy?
Posted by Shannon at 5:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am praying for you and the baby.
Hang in there. I know this is hard but it will all be worth it in the end. You've come this far right? You are so strong and you know that God will provide a way. Yall are in our prayers today along with the baby, Amanda and her stubborn parents!
You are all in my prayers.
Praying for you!
Post a Comment