CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Not meant to be.....

Well, I'm extremely sad to say that this situation didn't work out with Amanda. We made the decision yesterday afternoon. Amanda's mother was continuing to make things difficult and basically said that if we didn't agree to pay for all medical bills---no matter what, they wanted to look at other adoptive parents. We had to cut our loses and move on. We just couldn't put ourselves in that type of situation. Most likely everything would have been fine and we would just have to pay for a typical delivery situation, but what if it wasn't??? And the craziest thing of all is that she was getting on her high horse on medical care-like we didn't want the best care for Amanda or her baby-yet the mother hasn't even taken her own daughter to the doctor and by now she has to be 18-19 wks along. It's almost comical.

The adoption coordinator basically told me that this mother was sending alot of "red flags" and she thought that we shouldn't go forward. It broke our hearts to have to turn away, but we just couldn't go into with a good feeling. We have to conclude that this probably wouldn't be the last type of confrontation the mother would throw at us. She was truly being unreasonable and very difficult to work with.

Needless to say we are devastated. We go from a super high to an extreme low. I know that another baby is already being prepared...I have to keep on saying that to myself. It's funny to hear me say this right now...but God is good. I prayed yesterday morning that if this baby wasn't meant to be ours to just let it end now. He definitely answered my prayer...although it really wasn't the answer I wanted! I wanted it to be..yes this is definitely the child I have for you and everything is going to work out perfect!

Do continue to pray for Amanda and her baby. Her mom doesn't seem very supportive. Pray for us. Pray that we will get our prayers answered quickly and OUR baby will be in our arms soon. We want this so desperately and it's easy to get discouraged.

6 comments:

bethany h said...

i just wanted to let you know that adam and i are praying for you and michael. we can't even imagine what you are going through. your attitude is so inspirational!
take care!

mh said...

I love you sister and my heart hurts for you. I am always here when you need me.

Melissa Halford said...

I wish you were in my bible study because I swear your life is a complete parallel to what we are studying right now! God always has a "YES". And I know you know this but when He says "No", it's because there is a bigger and better yes in your future! I know this is hard and heartbreaking and it is very easy to think of all the negatives. But, focus on the fact that there is a better "YES" out there for you guys and you will receive it one day soon. Have faith and know I love ya!

aWare said...

You are in my heart right now, so heavy on my heart! God is good, his love endures forever. I am praying and you are so right, there is a baby for you, just not from Amanda! I love love love you!

Kelly said...

We don't know each other but I am so sorry to hear your story. I know this must be SO difficult but you are right - God is SO good and he must have the perfect baby with the perfect family situation all lined up for you with His perfect timing. It is just so hard for us humans to wait on His timing sometimes. I hope that you will keep that hope in your heart until your baby comes! Don't give up!

Anonymous said...

Hi, just found your blog... my husband and I are just beginning the adoption process, and have almost made the decision to sign up with Lifetime. I would love to talk/email with you about any advice you may have, as you guys are farther ahead of us on this journey...
So sorry to hear of the disappointment you're going through right now. May God uphold you in His everlastingly loving arms!
Zoe
sethandzoe@gmail.com