Today I feel good-almost at peace. Not totally, but I think I'm getting there. I've been working out with a trainer for almost 2 months now and Tuesday I went in and she was like, somethings different about you today. I told her I felt at peace-she totally got it. Kelly, my trainer, is awesome. She also went thru struggles trying to have children. After finally getting pregnant, she actually lost a baby right after he was born so she has truly been a sounding board for me. She gets me.
We've decided to get into the DHS system and apply to be foster/adoptive parents. This is a route neither one of us thought we would pursue, but too many things have happened now that is leading us to this possibility. Not sure what to expect really, but we are going to a meeting on April 29th to find out more. I'm hoping that all of our paperwork we did for Lifetime will be helpful in moving us more quickly in their systems. We want to leave no rock unturned and no path untraveled to get us to the child that He meant for us to have.
Last night Michael and I were sitting outside on our front porch steps just enjoying the moon and sounds of nighttime. He said, "you know, I can just imagine us sitting out here, watching our children playing in the driveway. Our time is coming. I just know it." I thought, you know what, you're right. Our time is coming. And I can't wait.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Another Avenue
Posted by Shannon at 9:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am crying!! I am so happy about the decision you both have made. I was thinking about this during church Sunday...I felt your pain but knew there was going to be happiness too! You ARE going to be an amazing mother!! We love you so! --Kathy
Shannon, You lift me up every time I read your blog or talk to you. You are so open to hearing God's voice and waiting on God's time. God gave you such a strong wonderful man in Michael; and gave Michael a strong wonderful woman in you. God will continue to bless you. I love you so much!! Laura
Dear Shannon,
I was so happy to hug you when I was in Bentonville! I am also glad you are back on your blog. As I mentioned, you are on my 'urgent' prayer list. We know that God is saving you for something very special and we hope that very soon, you and Michael will be parents to that special child God has reserved just for you. Love you always!
I am so happy for you guys! My husband and I just signed up today to do the foster parenting classes to become foster parents with the intent to adopt!! I am so looking forward to it and I am sure we will have a lot of stories to share!!
Post a Comment