CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My non-baby exciting news!

Today I sent out the 2nd batch of profiles. As I put them together yesterday, I was praying that a birthmother would fall in love with us and soon we would be blessed with our baby. My birthday is in about 2 wks so that is my ultimate birthday wish....I hope that my prayer of blessings follow and news will be coming quickly. ENOUGH baby talk!

NOW for the exciting news! You will never believe what I did on Saturday! I was so impressed with myself, I have to share it with you. I ran a 5K...my very first! It was Race for the Cure this past weekend and normally I walk it with friends, but this year since I've been working out I decided I would really try and run it. I ran all but about 200 yards or so. I'm mad at myself for even walking that bit because now I feel like I have to preface my great accomplishment with---well I ran all but 200 yards! But seriously-this is something I never thought I would actually do! I HATE and I mean HATE running, but I must say it wasn't so bad. My pace is extremely slow so for next year I'm going to work on that. After I was done Sat, I called 5 people to share my running news! I was so pumped.

We are seeding and strawing our yard today-which I can't wait to be done. It's supposed to rain all week so we totally need to get it done TODAY. Moving into a new house takes so much to get everything just right...we have all these visions and ideas, but they take time and money...both of which are limited right now. Oh well, just one more thing to be patient about.

2 comments:

erin f. said...

I am impressed by the running! I hate running also and usually stick to walking, but this summer is the summer of getting in shape, so maybe I will try running one of these days! And I feel your pain with the grass/seeding situation. We have had huge bags of grass and hay bales sitting in our garage for a week waiting for it to QUIT RAINING so we can have grass!

Unknown said...

Wow!

I am very proud of you. I once ran in a 5K race. I will have to tell you about it sometime. JB