We have been speaking with Ester every wk since we 1st found out about her. I've been finding out little tidbits of information here and there, but I think she might be embarrassed of her life. It makes me sad she feels that way. I'm hoping that after this, that she'll take advantage of scholarships that are available thru lifetime. Id like to see her get her life on track and be an example to her children.
It's so sweet because her eldest daughter, Linda (who is actually her niece) is the one that helped her choose us. She is very interested in us and is constantly asking her mom to ask us something. She told her mom that maybe she wanted us to adopt her.....:) I told Ester to tell Linda that she could be our honorary adoptive daughter-she seemed thrilled with that. She 13 years old and that can be such a rough time in a girls life.
As my conversations go on with Ester, I think maybe not only will we have a baby but maybe we can make a difference in the lives of this whole family.
Ester's dad is in prison-not sure why. The dad or dads of the kids don't seem to be in the picture. I haven't asked Ester about it. She likes to talk more about what's going on with me or tell me about what her kids are dong.
I think we are going to meet her in October. At least that's what it seems like at this point. I think it will make it easier instead of officially meeting her in the delivery room and it's like-Hi I'm Shannon.
I'm hoping that this week we will have a date when she goes in for her ultrasound...I should talk to her today-she seems to call on a Wednesday or Thursday. Please continue to pray for her and this baby. We want them both to be healthy.....
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Chit Chat
Posted by Shannon at 10:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
This is such great news!!! I saw your e-mail today at work and couldn't wait to check your blog. You and Esther will be in my prayers.I know December is a long time from now, but it will go faster than you expect.
Post a Comment