CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 1, 2007

New News!

What an emotional rollercoaster this has been! It's just crazy. I mean, I knew it would be difficult and we would have some tough times, but who can prepare themselves for the wave of emotions that follow wanting something so bad and just watching as it slips out of your grasp. We truly felt miserable Tuesday and was trying to pick up our boot straps and move on. What else can you do?

Wednesday comes.....

Wednesday at 3:30 we get a call from Diane at Lifetime. Another birthmother is looking at us and wants our email address so we can correspond. Yes, that's right...one day after our horrible news. I couldn't believe it...I really and truly couldn't. We were looking at the framing of our new home and I told Michael after I got off the phone. He said--your joking. Like I would EVER joke about something like that.

God is so good! I am humbled that He knows exactly what we need and He knew that we needed something like another potential birthmom.

Sarah is this birthmothers name. She has a very interesting situation. She already has a 2 yr old little girl and both children have the same dad. She is not married, but dating the father. She is in a financial crisis and they know they can't take care of more than one child. She is 5 months along and is due March 3rd. It's a boy. Everything looks great with both baby and mom. She sent me an email this morning asking questions...she looking at one other family. I responded immediately and she's already sent me another email with more questions. And yes, I've already answered that email! She said she wants to make her decision quickly but not with too much haste. So, we will continue to be patient and hope, pray, hope, pray that it works out.

Keep checking in, because you know I'll keep you posted! :)

Side note-I just want to say that everyones comments whether via email, on the blog or in person are so uplifting. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

4 comments:

aWare said...

I am so glad you have been given a breath of fresh air! Call me, I left you a message!

RachelM said...

I have been thinking about and praying for you guys a lot! I was so happy to check back and hear this news. I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear how things are going!

Grubb Family said...

A big WooHoo from the Grubb household!!! This sounds like such a better situation than last time. My heart was breaking for you after bunco on Monday and ever more so after your decision to not proceed with Amanda. Praise God for his continuous blessings on His faithful!

Melissa said...

I came across your blog from another and can feel your pain. My husband and I are unable to have children (due to me having cancer last year) but we haven't proceded with adoptions plans. Your story is so encouraging to me! I would love to talk sometime!! My email is Ridgley51405@aol.com