I know that I left the last blog with Sarah...every day with her was a new long detailed email asking a million questions. We were truly being interviewed and it was so hard knowing that she was doing the same with another family. Tuesday we had an email from her saying she wanted to speak to us. So, of course we were more than willing. We had it set for last night (Thursday). In the mean time she sent me a couple more correspondence with facts as well as more questions for us. Seriously-we had been emailing for exactly 8 days now and I had 18 pages of emails between both of us! The last batch of questions asked me about how we would go about picking a babysitter and that she had already prayed about a name for her son and wanted to know how we felt about it. The name she chose was not a name we would have chosen at all. I mean how can we not get to name our son??? It was so weird.
So-let me go back. Sarah is bipolar. Her mom died of terminal cancer 10 years ago and Sarah went into deep depression and from that came her diagnosis. On Saturday I sent her another detailed email answering questions and just chatting as we had done since we started on Wednesday. Sat night, no email-Sunday night, no email, Monday night, no email. I was getting concerned. I thought-what in the world happened between Sat and Monday? I know that doesn't seem like a long time, but in our world it really was! Tuesday morning I finally get a note and it reads-I spoke with a another family last night and was hoping to talk to you. Are you still interested?-I was like--what does that mean? Are we still interested???? I was getting all worked up about it and thought...here we go again.
I prayed Tuesday...I prayed hard. I prayed in the same place that I prayed only 2 wks ago when I asked for a phone call to come quickly. I prayed that if Sarah wasn't carrying our baby and that if another birth mother called us in the mean time we would know we need to walk away. So get this--hold on--it's truly another answered prayer!
Let me preface the next paragraph by saying that I had meetings this week and my bosses in from California which has added a little bit more craziness to all of this. They are leaving this afternoon.
We were in the car driving from a store check yesterday on our way to lunch. I get a call from Lifetime and it's a different coordinator-Veronica. She was assigned to us, so I thought she was checking in wanting to know how we felt about Sarah because the email situation was very different from what normally happens. She said-I know you're working with another possible birthmom, but I have someone else that wants to speak to you. She sounded urgent and I was having trouble hearing so I told her I would call her back in 15 minutes. I thought-this is awesome-this is the answer I'd asked for and was anxious to hear all the details. I called her back and she said, I have a birthmother that wants to talk to you right away, she's having a boy and she's going to be induced in 6 days....(yes, that's right 6 days!) I totally was trying to be calm but in my head I was thinking 6 days...on my word. She said the mother is 26 and already has 4 children. The baby is Hispanic and she wants a closed adoption. (I was like...this is EXACTLY what we wanted) I had dreamt 2-3 wks ago about holding our baby and it was a Hispanic boy--seriously. I had never dreamt about my baby in all my life until that moment. I remember telling Michael the next morning about the dream and we both said-that would be a dream come true.
SOOOOOO-long story short now is we spoke to the mom-Samantha twice and she did "match" with us. Today-between my appts-I have to call the attorney and figure out exactly what we need to do now to take our baby home with us, get air tickets, call our insurance people and find a place to stay. We are planning on leaving Tuesday for CA and she's inducing Wednesday, the 14th at 7am. We will be there in the delivery room...Michael gets to cut the cord! She said she wanted to see him when the deliver him, but that's it and then he is ours!!! I'm really going to be a mommy...in less than a wk. I really can't believe it!
I know this is alot right now for everyone. My momma and sister were in total shock...as both Michael and I are. Please continue to pray for us and pray add Samantha and our baby to the list. (We haven't chosen a name yet--we thought we had plenty of time!) We have so much to do and to get before we leave. I'll try and post at least one more time before we leave and I'll take my computer with me so I can post there and send pics!
I am so humbled that this is happening. Our God is so great!!! This has been such a hard process but thru it all I knew that He truly did have great plans for us. I'm going to be a MOMMY!!!!!!!
Friday, November 9, 2007
Wait till you hear this!
Posted by Shannon at 6:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Girl,
I am so happy for you! Here I am sitting at my desk in tears of joy knowing what a wonderful time this is for you. I will pray that all goes exactly as it should be and that God has his hands wrapped around you and your family during the next week. I can't wait to see him.
Love ya,
Kisheen
Oh my goodness!!! Anything we have that you need is yours. God is soooo good!
Love ya,
Rach
You heard how I am reacting. I can hardly type because I am shaking so bad!!!
How Great is Our God???
OH WOW - I started off reading your blog expecting to follow you on a long journey of getting your baby - and it is NEXT WEEK! That is amazing! God's timing is never our timing - but we know that it is perfect! And it sounds like this baby is from the PERFECT situation for you! Congratulations! Now - I'll be reading for your updates on your FAMILY!
I am so thrilled for ya'll!!!! Shannon, you and Michael are going to be amazing parents and such a blessing to "this little blessing!!!"
I'll see you at YOUR shower in the morning! Do we need to have a nursery decorating party too on Sunday? I'll bring the paint supplies!!!!
We are so thrilled for you!!
Shannon, your last message just brought tears to my eyes - yes, God answers prayer!!
Have a safe trip to CA and we can't wait to meet your son.
A little boy will bring more joy to your life than you can ever imagine!
Love, Pam, Don, Charlie & Henry
Yes, I'm a big dork, this is "Our stories" a.k.a. Mandy Faubus!! This is my first time to send a comment on a blog and I guess I did something wrong when I signed up, I'm sooo not computer savey! So, I guess for now I'll just be "our stories" because I'll never figure out how to change it!
I'll see you at YOUR shower in the morning!!!! Do we need to have a nursery decorating party too? I'll bring the paint supplies!!!!!
Blessings,
mandy
Post a Comment