I'm back...well at least most of me is back. I'm feeling better. I was able to talk about it today to someone who had heard the good news but hadn't heard the rest of the story. I didn't cry or even tear up. I'm thinking that's a good sign.
It's so strange to think how quickly your life can change in a split second. I keep replaying last Thursday and the 24 hours after it. I don't think I've ever experienced anything like that. And honestly I don't ever want to do that again. The let down was so miserable. It was like a dream and everything was in slow-mo. Very surreal.
I must say that trying to adopt is alot harder than I ever imagined. When we went thru our failed invitro, I told Michael that I just couldn't do this again without having a baby in my arms. Adoption seemed like it was going to be so easy compared to the drugs and medical procedures we went thru...especially when you end up empty handed. I don't know...after facing last wk-I'm thinking that was definitely harder.
I've been praying. I'm talking to God constantly-He's probably so tired of hearing me. I keep repeating...please let your time and my time finally collide. Please let this happen soon. Please answer my prayers quickly. I know that He is always working in my life, but these last fews weeks I was seeing it happen. I said a prayer and then days later it would be. I wish that would happen now. I'm ready for the real deal...I'm ready for a baby to be ours. Waiting is so difficult. And I don't want anymore "false alarms".
I worry now that I won't be excited when it finally does happen. I want to be happy-I want to be thrilled when we are matched with our baby. I'm just so scared that not only will the mom change her mind, but of what could happen in delivery. How do you not think about that now? Impossible.
I'm ready for Him to reveal our child...I've never been more ready in my life. Please pray that He'll show us soon and we can begin our happily ever after.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Muddling thru....
Posted by Shannon at 4:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Michael and Shannon,
You are in my prayers and thoughts.
Shannon and Michael,
We are here for you and we are praying for you. We love you, Heath and Kristin
M & S --
Our prayers are constant for your strength and patience. God is always good. Since we are bound by time and he is not, life seems to unfold so slowly. Take care of yourselves and remember we love you, but God loves you even more. Dean and Jeanine
" Lord, I was sure by now that you would've reached down and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day, but once again, I say Amen..AND ITS STILL RAINING. And as the thunder rolls, I barely hear you whisper thru the rain, 'I'M WITH YOU' And as your mercy falls, I PRAY TO THE GOD WHO GIVES AND TAKES AWAY...
I'll praise You in this storm, and I will lift my hands, for You are who You are, no matter where I've been EVERY TEAR I'VE CRIED YOU HOLD IN YOUR HANDS, You've never left my side, and even though my HEART IS TORN, I will praise you in this storm.
I remember when I stumbled in the wind, you HEARD MY CRYING, you raised me up again...My strenth is almost gone, how can I carry on, IF I CAN'T FIND YOU...and as your mercy falls, I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away...I'll praise you in this storm.
Song by Casting Crowns...
This song has helped me realize how many others have felt "left behind by God", when really He was there holding me, carrying me through. I pray God gives you peace, comfort, and the precious baby you have been waiting for.
Michael and Shannon
We just want you to know how much we love you and we are praying for you.
I linked to your blog somehow and have been following your story for the past month or so. I am so sorry that you have been on such a roller coaster ride. I lost my little girl 3 months ago. We knew at 20 weeks that she had a fatal birth defect. I delivered her at 36 weeks and she only lived a few hours. All that to not make you sad, but to say that I know how it feels to wait and wait only to end up with empty arms. It will get better. Don't lose hope and faith that soon you will have a sweet one in your arms. I'm sorry that the road has been so difficult for you. Love, Shannon
Shannon,
I came across your blog through another blog and am touched by your journey. My husband and I adopted a newborn in April. Our journey had its ups and downs as well so I know what you are going through...I've been there too! God is good and He IS in control. I'd love to share more. You are welcome to email me.
-Megan
Wow...I just lurked over from RachelM...I'll keep you all in my prayers!
You write very well.
Post a Comment