CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Decisions, Decisions....

Well after much prayer, tears and stress we have decided not to go forward with Ester. We made it official last Tuesday. It was hard calling Lifetime and letting them know but we both knew it needed to be done. I definitely didn't want to be the one that told Ester-how horrid would that have been? I feel at peace with the decision and know that it was made with careful thought, earnest prayers and extreme patience. I still pray for Ester and the family that will be taking this little boy.

We had an eventful day yesterday-we went to with Myra for her dr's appt-she's almost 32 wks, and when we get there Myra says-the baby hasn't been moving as much as she normally does....the nurse checks the baby's heart rate and it looks good. Then she comes in after speaking with Dr. Hannah and say that he wants to put her on a monitor for about 20 min. They tell us that the heart rate should spike often which tells them that she is moving around all is good. Dr Hannah comes in and isn't satisfied with the results and tells us to go the hospital for further eval. He tells that they are going give Myra some IV fluids and that should probably do the trick. (side note-I forgot to mention that she's been throwing up and not feeling well for the past day or so) He says worst case scenario, we will have to go ahead and deliver if she doesn't respond to the IV. I'm thinking...holy moly she can't come yet-it's not time...I want her to be healthy...please don't let anything be wrong with her...keep her healthy...please let everything be okay.

We head over to the hospital and they hook her up to the machine, take blood and start the IV. At 1st our little one didn't respond but after the bag was almost gone she started to get a lot more spunky. WHOOOH....what a day! We picked Myra up at 9 and got home after 4. Myra seems to be feeling better too, she was just really tired.

Things continue to go well with Myra, although she's very, very stressed. Pray for her peace-not just with her giving her little to us, but peace in her recovery and peace as she tries to get her life back in order. She's carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders and I know that He can help relieve them.

0 comments: