CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Tough Weekend

Let me say 1st of all that this weekend was not a good one. It started off great on Friday-Michael took me out to dinner to River Grill (which I don't know why we don't go there more often-the food is great and the dining experience is even better). I was anxious all day-actually I've been so stressed since Myra has come into our life-I was just so nervous and worked up. He had called in advance and told them that we are in the process of adopting 2 little ones and that I needed a relaxing evening. He asked them if they anything special to give me. How thoughtful...anyway they had Godiva chocolates they brought me as well as best wishes. Our waiter was so sweet and asked all kinds of questions. It really was a nice evening and something we both needed!

Saturday we were going to work in the babies room. We had to run some errands first and right before we were going walk out the door I look out my kitchen window and an ambulance is at our neighbors across the street. I tell Michael, so he rushes over. It turns out that John was having a seizure. They took him to the hospital and we followed. We stayed with his wife for awhile just to make sure everything was okay. It was so scary. His wife was just so startled and she said that life without him started flashing through her brain. Thankfully he's home now and hopefully they can find out what triggered this. He's probably in his late 60's and this has never happened before.

So we go do our errands, etc and are back home getting all the non baby stuff out of the room and we get a call saying that a man at our church was killed in a car accident. We were just devastated. He was only in his early 40's, has a sweet, sweet wife, and 2 adorable girls. We were so shocked. I still can't believe it happened. It breaks my heart for the whole family. I don't know how you go on after something like this? And what about those girls?? He was an amazing man-super friendly and just a great person. Please pray for the Howell and Carter family. They need them so badly.

After saying all this it seems like my issues really don't matter that much-but I will tell you what's going on now. We spoke with Lifetime as well as Ester the end of this wk and all seemed to be back on track. Then I get a call from her on Sunday afternoon. It's a long story but basically someone stole her purse from her hotel room. She said all her money for the next 2 wks of rent was in there and she didn't have any other money. She is supposed to be moving into an apt. the beg of October. She said she just wished they could find her purse-that meant more to her than the money. I told her I totally understood. I told her that I would call Michael (he was at the fire station) and see what we could do to help. So we agreed we would help, but we wanted to just pay for one night and then speak with our attorney to make sure all is well, etc. I call Ester and tell her. I told her I would call the hotel and pay via credit card for Sunday night and then deal with the rest of the wk on Monday. She told me they don't take credit cards over the phone that you have to pay with cash or a credit card in person-which I thought was fishy. I told her I would call the hotel manager and speak with her and see what we could do. She said she didn't speak English very well...I thought-that sounds fishy too. Okay so know I'm on my way to a baby shower and I get a call from Lifetime. She starts telling me the story and says that Ester says that her and her moms purse was stolen-the police found them in a dumpster but all the money was gone. HUH? I stopped the Lifetime girl and told her that's not what Ester told me. SO now I'm really feeling like something weird is going on....I told the person at Lifetime that I would call the hotel and pay for tonight if they'll let me and then we can see what in the world is going on tomorrow. She agrees. So after I get home I call the hotel and indeed they won't take a credit card over the phone and she doesn't speak great English, but she understood me and I could understand her. She was really rude and wouldn't let me speak with the manager. She eventually hung up on me.

It's such a strange situation. I never called Ester back and she didn't call me either. I know that Lifetime called her and told her we were trying to resolve it....I'm frustrated and want to give Ester the benefit of the doubt but she's been making it tough lately. I'm just so ready for this to be OVER. I want to move on with our life with our babies and not have to deal with all this drama!

1 comments:

Joanna said...

Sweetheart, I am so sorry these things keep happening. I know God will work this out for you. He does have a plan in place.

Last night was rough. We went to the visitation. We waited almost 3hours to even get to hug them! June, Michelle, and Stephanie hugged on me for a long time as they told me how hard this must be for me. I wasn't sure what to say. I told them all that I was here for them if they needed to talk. They said they knew I could relate to what they were going through. Braeden's anniversary is this Saturday- that didn't help my emotions.

I pray for you all every day, Shannon. I will continue to do so. You are so very precious! Are things going okay with Myra?

I love you dear and I am here if you ever need to talk!