Well, actually I had a better title but Michael didn't think it was as funny as I did...Our Baby Mama's a Prostitute! That's right-I'm serious. What can you do but laugh-I mean really? What are the odds? Okay, I don't know for a fact that it's true-but as Michael says-if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. I won't bore you with all my evidence--it would take forever.
That being said, it freaks us out a bit. We are worried for her safety (E's) as well as the baby. Her purse got stolen on Saturday (well, that's what she said) so we sent money to her today to get her thru this wk of rent at the hotel. She's supposed to be moving into an apartment on Oct 1st which I'm thrilled about. Lifetime has made it very clear about the amout of financial help we will give, that it's concrete and we won't add more. She knows that and that makes me feel a little better. We are supposed to go out to CA next Sat to meet her and go to a dr's appt...so that should be very interesting.
So let me tell you the "rest of the story". With all this drama going on-we also go to Myra's dr's appt on Tuesday. It was awesome, the staff was so amazingly friendly, the dr was very helpful and we felt great about the whole experience. Even though they didn't have an ultrasound scheduled, they did one for us-at M's request! We got pics and everything. We were just overwhelmed with how cool it was. Loved every minute of it!
We did find out some interesting news-her due date was wrong. The had figured it out by her last menstrual cycle which gave them October 18th. When they did the ultra sound it changed, drastically. Get this-it's now December 18th. Yes, that's right 5 days after E's due date. WHAT IN THE WORLD?? I told Michael, we've been praying for a sign of what to do...maybe this is it? How can we be in 2 places at once?? After continuing to digest this info, I get frustrated. I thought I was going to have a baby in 4 wks and now it looks like I'm going to have to choose one or the other? I was an EMOTIONAL BASKETCASE yesterday to say the least. I felt like I cried all afternoon. Michael was like-who said we can't do both-it's not impossible, it's just going to be a bit of a challenge. I hadn't even thought that we could indeed take them both. (He's so good about helping me think rationally, because sometimes I get ahead of myself! Love you MJ)) My mom was so great and told me she would be wherever, whenever. (I just love my momma so!)
I still don't know what we are going to do. My problem is I don't want to have to choose one baby or the other. What if we choose the wrong one and something happens?? I'm so over all this-I just want a healthy baby in my arms-I'm not greedy.
We spoke with the attorney in CA and he said that we need to tell E-he said there's a law that says you have to disclose who will be living in your home to the birthmom and we could have the little girl before we finalize with E. So that's stressful too.
I just don't know what to do....I'm overwhelmed and I'm so not looking forward to 3 months of uncertainty. We need prayers that God will show us what we need to do...we are trying to let Him guide us. It's just so hard.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
A what???
Posted by Shannon at 2:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my goodness! Your mind must be going ninety to nothin right now! Definately let the Lord guide you! Wouldn't it just be wonderful to have both of them! It would be like having twins. Praying and thinking of you guys. We love ya!
Shannon,
Wow! That is a lot to catch up on. I hadn't heart any of the latest news. I am praying that you will be able to get both babies, there are so many possibilites, due dates don't always mean that much - you never know what can happen! I will be thinking of you.
Shannon...One day soon, you will be able to look back at this and think was I ever that scared, crazy emotional and consumed? And the answer is yes and it's well deserved. You are always in my prayers and I'm one of those people who can truly say I know what you're going through. As far as making a decision, let God make it. Give it over and don't think about it again. We were asked if we would take a drug baby or HIV baby. We prayed that God would give us what we could handle and answered yes...HE will always take care of it for you. This is the easiest thing to let go. He will decide and as my Daddy says, as long as GOD is in your decision, you can not make a wrong decision. It will always be the right one. I love you and miss you, Cam
Post a Comment