CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 22, 2008

WHEW--What a Weekend!

So Friday, we got a msg from Myra saying that she was on her way to the ER because she was having trouble breathing---we head to the hospital and find out that they think that her gall bladder is infected and the ER doctor says they are planning on removing it. I was like WHAT? Do surgery on a 36 wk pregnant woman when we plan on inducing in 10 days?? I call Rachel, my sweet friend who's a labor and delivery nurse (well for the time being she is!:)) and ask her what she thinks. She's thinks that idea is whack-a-doodle as well so I call Dr. Hannah, Myra's OB doctor. SIDENOTE-the dr in the ER said that she'd been in contact with Dr. Hannah numerous times and he was in agreement.- So, I get a return phone call from Dr. Hannah's nurse and she tells me that Dr. Hannah doesn't want the surgery to be done, because it will most likely induce labor and we need these extra days. So---Myra get's admitted still thinking we are doing the surgery and we could possibly have a baby coming. Previous to all of this I ask Myra about her little girl (she's 22 months old) she has with her at DP and who will take care of her if she does get admitted. There was a lady at church she they were going to call to ask to be on stand by. I tell her that if that doesn't work, that we would gladly take her.

I decide to run home and let our dog out, etc because we were planning on staying with her for the surgery and didn't know how long it would all take-at this point it was 3:30 in the afternoon. Right as I get home, I get a call saying that Myra was finally in a room, but they needed me to come back and pick up Myra's daughter...I'll call her A from DP. Myra was told that she was staying in the hospital till Sunday so we would have A till then....

After we picked A up we were trying to do anything we could to make her happy-she's only met us twice and last time we talked to her was probably a month ago. She didn't remember us from Adam. We headed to Chick-fil-A to let her play in the play place, and Michael said-I guess this is what the "new" Friday nights looks like! It was 5:30 and we were eating dinner at a fast food joint. Too funny! Anywhoo-it's been a crazy, crazy weekend. I'm worn out, but everytime I look at her I think our little girl is probably going to look very similar to A-and A is ABSOLUTELY adorable. Tonight we were cuddling before I put her to bed and she looked at me, made fish lips and kissed me right on the lips. It was so stinking cute. Then she got up on my lap grabbed my face and started talking in her sweet little voice-speaking gibberish but I got what the point was-she said i wuv you mama-and kissed me again. I started crying-it was just so sweet. I could take A as my very own as well She's been thru so much, yet she is so re silent and so loving.

Back to Myra and our baby...it ends up that no surgery will be done-as least not right now. It looks like Myra has an inflammation of the gall bladder and they are trying to treat it with meds. Dr. Hannah is on call this weekend, thank goodness, so he's been checking on her. He told her today that if they can't get the meds to work, they would have to take the baby before they do the surgery. Pray that the meds work and she can make it till 1st of December. We still have our scheduled dr's appt on Tues to pick the date, and with all this going on I do hope he says 12/1 is fine.

1 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow, Shannon. How sweet is that! You and Michael were priceless this morning with A. I got to talk to Michael by myself for a few minutes- I love watching him get excited! You are conststntly in my prayers! I love you guys!!!